Thursday, February 16, 2006

What do you know now?

This is a page I ran across years ago when Mistress Krista's site was in an earlier stage of development. At the time, I was into lifting weights and trying to find the "right" way to do it. Krista's advice is pragmatic, funny, and no nonsense; she's a great teacher.

Here's how she describes the page of pithy quotes and hard-won experience:
"Recently, the folks on misc.fitness.weights were asked the following question: What do you know now that you wished you'd known five or ten years ago? Here are their responses and ruminations about training and life in general."

I always hated the term "knowledgebase." Semantically, it meant nothing to me. When you have a "wisdombase," I'd say, then come and talk to me. Until then, pages like this (much like The Commonplace Book of earlier centuries) will be the places that capture our personal wisdom and experience for others both to benefit from and laugh at.